CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

[CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SuperCam & PCB Trace Milling Software

Posted by Dennis Bohlke
on 2000-10-16 13:02:57 UTC
My problem has been getting DXF files to Gerber format mostly.

I wonder how complex a PCB you are trying to fabricate? My intent was to
make it feasible to engrave simple single sided circuits. I wanted to make
it so a user could us a TAIG micro mill to do PCB engraving, I think I have
accomplished the mission.

In the past few months I have added TRIM, EXTEND, OFFSET and EDITI commands
to SuperCam. There is has been a new pinout configuration added to drive
the NIST EMC style controllers.

SuperCam also works well with HPGL files.

One of the quirks to using wide poly lines and SuperCam is to first execute
the SETCORDS command to set the number of cords for arcs and circles to
minimum value of 32. Other wise all the corners will have far too many
segments to effectively edit any thing other than an extremely simple
design.

Dennis
SuperCam Demo at http://www.super-tech.com/root/scdemo.htm
Taig Mill at http://www.super-tech.com/root/minimill.htm