CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Another one in the EMC stepper club

Posted by Bill Martin
on 1999-07-12 18:43:42 UTC
Tim Goldstein wrote:

>snip<

Sounds like you have some non-printing (invisible) characters in your
file.
Take a look at the file with this command and you might be able to find
the
offending critters: od -c | more (or less) :-)

Bill Martin

> The moral of the story is, I have now seen a few occasions where files in
> Linux look exactly correct, but will not run right. I experienced this with
> the run.64step378 file I downloaded from Matt Shaver's web site. The only
> way I have found to correct this is to create a new file (not a copy of the
> one that is causing the trouble). I have been successful in making a copy of
> a different file that has most of what I need and then cutting and pasting
> the differences from the "corrupt" file.

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 1999-07-09 22:06:58 UTC Another one in the EMC stepper club Bill Martin 1999-07-12 18:43:42 UTC Re: Another one in the EMC stepper club Tim Goldstein 1999-07-12 20:13:05 UTC RE: Another one in the EMC stepper club Bill Martin 1999-07-13 18:54:47 UTC Re: Another one in the EMC stepper club