CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Re: Great deals on encoders

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-07-14 22:14:16 UTC
I got out of doing the math just by calling US Digital. The tech person
(sorry wish I had written his name down) was very helpful and even looked up
the exact specs and called me back with the answer. I am impressed.

I think I will go ahead and have some films made at a local service bureau
with 184 LPI just to see if it works. If that turns out to work with my
encoders I would be happy to do up a sheet with whatever is appropriate for
the encoders that go to the 2048 CPR for testing purposes if someone that
has one of these encoders would try it out. I don't think the films will
have the required accuracy to use for the linear encoder strips, but I think
they will be good enough for proof of concept before someone shells out $200
in tooling costs on something that we are not sure will work.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Brad Heuver 1999-07-14 05:49:43 UTC Great deals on encoders Tim Goldstein 1999-07-14 09:55:25 UTC Re: Great deals on encoders Brad Heuver 1999-07-14 12:35:01 UTC Re: Great deals on encoders Tom Kulaga 1999-07-14 21:06:53 UTC Re: Great deals on encoders Tim Goldstein 1999-07-14 22:14:16 UTC RE: Re: Great deals on encoders