CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DesKAM 2000 vs. CNC Pro

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2000-11-27 13:21:57 UTC
DesKam is not a controller. You may be referring to DeskNC.
DeskNC is great for 2D, and has a graphical interface that will show you the cutter path (in 2D) and can prevent some crashes.
On the other hand, it does not support circular interpolation outside the xy plane, and does not have "look ahead".
It is cheaper than CNCPro.
Like everything else, there are pros and cons. You can download demos of both and make your own decision.