CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: linux

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-07-18 21:00:45 UTC
Tracey,

I have experienced the "unable to open initial console" message when I
reinstalled LILO with an improper partition designation. Don't know if this
applies to your situation.

Are you doing a custom or a workstation installation??

Having the monitor blink on and off a few times is normal for the
Xconfigurator install routine, only it is suppose to end in a on. The safest
thing to do is to is to pick the generic multisync monitor. You can easily
change this setting later if you want. Is your video card on the supported
list?

Give us some more detail and I am sure we can get you running.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

TADGUNINC@x... 1999-07-18 18:04:38 UTC Re: linux Tim Goldstein 1999-07-18 21:00:45 UTC RE: linux TADGUNINC@x... 1999-07-18 21:54:06 UTC Re: linux Tim Goldstein 1999-07-18 23:05:50 UTC RE: linux