CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: linux

on 1999-07-18 21:54:06 UTC
In a message dated 7/18/99 11:44:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
timg@... writes:

> have experienced the "unable to open initial console" message when I
> reinstalled LILO with an improper partition designation. Don't know if this
> applies to your situation.

Custom install, how do I find out what kind of video card I have? I tried
using the generic monitor, same thing. Have tried installing "everything",
and piecing it together, putting almost everything in, minus the jap,
Italian......, etc., languages. Right now I'm trying again with
/
/usr
swap file
/boot
100M
1070M
33M
100M
respectfully, tried it with the dir. I got off of the list here (old letter I
saved) got the same thing,

OK video card ViRGE/VX
X Server SVGA
that's what I have and that is what Linux is telling I have(at that point in
install again :o( ) going to click on OK again......loaded X Free86-SVGA
3.3.2.3-25
CLICKED ON NEC Multisync XE15.....
screen blinks twice and goes away....
Do I need to get a different video card?
Thanx for the help.
Tracey

Discussion Thread

TADGUNINC@x... 1999-07-18 18:04:38 UTC Re: linux Tim Goldstein 1999-07-18 21:00:45 UTC RE: linux TADGUNINC@x... 1999-07-18 21:54:06 UTC Re: linux Tim Goldstein 1999-07-18 23:05:50 UTC RE: linux