CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off Topic (NOT)

Joe Vicars wrote:

> I have the opportunity to get a big discount on my CNC purchase if I
> can repair the Seller's band saw blade welder!!
> Can someone tell me how to adjust a DoAll bandsaw blade welder? The
> elecrical circuit is pretty straightforeward, but the mechanical
> adjustment is really touchy.
> Help!
> Also, the anneal cycle just looks like a SPST switch. Is there a
> trick to the anneal??
> Help a brother get a discount!!

The idea is that the clamps press the ends of the blade together, and
when the blade ends upset into each other a bit, the current is
turned off. So, there's a microswitch that senses the movable clamp's
position.

Annealing is done by pressing the button until you get a dull red in the
weld zone, then blipping the switch intermittently to allow slow cooling
of the blade. Some guys SWEAR that you have to anneal before AND
after the grinding, some say only after, some say only before! I usually
anneal after grinding, I can see the metal colors (and the mysterious
'straw' color) better that way.

Joe Vicars 2000-12-07 17:25:52 UTC Off Topic (NOT) Rich D. 2000-12-07 20:07:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off Topic (NOT) Jon Elson 2000-12-07 23:49:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Off Topic (NOT) Fred Hansen 2000-12-08 08:58:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Saw Blade Welder