CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digitizers, Renishaw, NOW Clocks/Watches

on 2001-01-10 17:05:12 UTC
Ian,

I'm not sure I see the distinction between watches and clocks. Sure
watches are smaller, more precision, but that's all I know.

I like the idea of stepper motors in a clock, and I've seen
photo-regualted clocks.

Alan KM6VV

Ian Wright wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> >
> > What do you think of the electronically driven mechanical clocks? Is
> > that of interest to build? Or is it strictly weights and springs?
> >
> As I said before, I am a watch person and don't have much to do with clocks
> except high grade marine chronometers and French Carriage clocks with
> complicated striking work or musical movements. To me most clocks are the
> same, two brass plates with a standard collection of gears in a fancy wooden
> box! (Except skeleton clocks which are even worse!!)
> <snip>
>
> There have been a number of interesting designs for electro-mechanical
> clocks, some of which have used stepper motors as the power source and
> others which have used LED/photocell sensors to regulate the impulsing of
> the pendulum. Perhaps you could come up with a design which hasn't been
> tried yet?
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian W. Wright
> Sheffield UK

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-10 17:05:12 UTC Re: Digitizers, Renishaw, NOW Clocks/Watches Al Lenz 2001-01-10 21:08:18 UTC Re: Digitizers, Renishaw, NOW Clocks/Watches Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-10 21:57:24 UTC Re: Digitizers, Renishaw, NOW Clocks/Watches Ian Wright 2001-01-11 02:26:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Digitizers, Renishaw, NOW Clocks/Watches Ian Wright 2001-01-11 05:12:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Digitizers, Renishaw, NOW Clocks/Watches