CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 110

on 1999-07-28 17:08:06 UTC
Watch case rose turning is the holy grail of engine turning, and the reason
that rose engines, crude though they are, go for about 4 times what
straight line engines do. I have no desire to engrave watch cases or
faberge style eggs, and one dimension is more or less ok by me. In
thinking about this over the past few days since I posted my message, I
think that I should start ahead with the CNC conversion of my knee mill.
If I have a control with the capibility to expand to 5 axis, I could adapt
the spindle rotatation as Ian describes when I figure out the software
demands of the job.

Are there any suggestions for jobbing out the instalation of ball screws in
a milling machine? I'm in cnetral NJ.

David M. Munro