CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's?

on 2001-01-14 18:53:24 UTC
ballendo@... wrote:

> Greg wrote:
> >The problem with the list is too many of these threads that do waste
> >everyone's time.
>
> C'mon! How long does it take to read enough to know it's not
> pertinent to me, and hit delete?
>
> And you MUST know that what YOU find a waste, others will not (as you
> said there's over 1000 people here now!).
>
> I reply me too's BOTH 'on' AND 'offlist'! Depends on whether I think
> the 'me too' is helping SOMEONE.
>
> I have every issue of Home Shop Machinist (among MANY others). At
> this point, having been blessed by my maker with a good memory, there
> is a LOT of "wasted pages". But that's just MY opinion. And I've been
> reading it for a LONG time!
>
> EVERY informational delivery vehicle (like a magazine, or this list),
> will be a combo of repeat, non-pertinent, fun, useless, and finally,
> usefull. And the person RECEIVING will be the one doing the deciding
> which is which! Don't shoot the messenger because YOU don't like the
> information!
>
> >If you want to do a "me too" start a poll. If you want to
> >start a "I hate this" start a poll. There is a poll option for
> >egroups so if you want to see how many people like your idea start a
> >poll.
>
> Polls have their place. They are also VERY subject to manipulation by
> the pollster. Types of answers 'available' EASILY skew results what
> ever way the poll maker desires! Marketing 101 stuff. I would much
> rather hear the THOUGHTS of people... Polls diminish us to a
> statistic, IMO.
>
> BTW, polls on egroups will result in bandwidth usage as they are
> announced, ended, and results postings announced (3 msgs!). At least
> so far, on this list, the me toos have been LESS than 3!?!
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ballendo
>
> Crowd dynamics is a very interesting subject...
>
> Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems, for CAD, CAM, EDM, and DRO.
>
> Addresses:
> Post message: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
> Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@egroups.com
> Moderator: jmelson@... [Moderator]
> URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> List Manager

I have to open the message to find out what it says. Then I have
to page down to see that I'm not interested. Then I can delete.

Did you actually read this??

Do you actually enjoy getting messages like this??

JerryK

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-14 17:22:03 UTC polls? was me too's? Greg Nuspel 2001-01-14 17:41:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's? Jerry Kimberlin 2001-01-14 18:53:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's? wanliker@a... 2001-01-14 23:23:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's? Tony Jeffree 2001-01-15 03:17:25 UTC Re: polls? was me too's? Greg Nuspel 2001-01-15 03:51:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: polls? was me too's?