CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

polls? was me too's?

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-01-14 17:22:03 UTC
Greg wrote:
>The problem with the list is too many of these threads that do waste
>everyone's time.

C'mon! How long does it take to read enough to know it's not
pertinent to me, and hit delete?

And you MUST know that what YOU find a waste, others will not (as you
said there's over 1000 people here now!).

I reply me too's BOTH 'on' AND 'offlist'! Depends on whether I think
the 'me too' is helping SOMEONE.

I have every issue of Home Shop Machinist (among MANY others). At
this point, having been blessed by my maker with a good memory, there
is a LOT of "wasted pages". But that's just MY opinion. And I've been
reading it for a LONG time!

EVERY informational delivery vehicle (like a magazine, or this list),
will be a combo of repeat, non-pertinent, fun, useless, and finally,
usefull. And the person RECEIVING will be the one doing the deciding
which is which! Don't shoot the messenger because YOU don't like the
information!

>If you want to do a "me too" start a poll. If you want to
>start a "I hate this" start a poll. There is a poll option for
>egroups so if you want to see how many people like your idea start a
>poll.

Polls have their place. They are also VERY subject to manipulation by
the pollster. Types of answers 'available' EASILY skew results what
ever way the poll maker desires! Marketing 101 stuff. I would much
rather hear the THOUGHTS of people... Polls diminish us to a
statistic, IMO.

BTW, polls on egroups will result in bandwidth usage as they are
announced, ended, and results postings announced (3 msgs!). At least
so far, on this list, the me toos have been LESS than 3!?!

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Crowd dynamics is a very interesting subject...

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-14 17:22:03 UTC polls? was me too's? Greg Nuspel 2001-01-14 17:41:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's? Jerry Kimberlin 2001-01-14 18:53:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's? wanliker@a... 2001-01-14 23:23:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] polls? was me too's? Tony Jeffree 2001-01-15 03:17:25 UTC Re: polls? was me too's? Greg Nuspel 2001-01-15 03:51:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: polls? was me too's?