CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Slow List Computer set up question.

Posted by Ian Wright
on 2001-02-06 10:06:24 UTC
Hi Bill,

There should be no need to install both DOS and Windows - just instaqll
Windows and set CHCPro to work in DOS mode. When you have installed Windows
and CNCPro, go to 'MyComputer' (desktop icon) and find the CNCPro exe file
by navigating the hard disk icon to where you have installed it. Then click
on the exe file to select it and go to the 'file' menu item. Select
'Properties', then the 'Program' tab and hit the 'Advanced' button. In this
window you should see some tick boxes, one of which says 'prevent
MS-DOS-based programs from detecting Windows'. Select this and one of the
other two boxes, then, each time you run CNCPro, Windows will exit to a DOS
screen and come back to windows after you exit CNCPro. If you choose the
'MSDOS mode' instead of the 'Suggest MSDOS as necessary', you can optionally
provide custon settings in the Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files.
HTH

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright