CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone

Posted by tnorris@h...
on 2001-02-14 06:45:50 UTC
Thanks John!

O-rings are plentiful and easy to obtain. Even if they wear twice
as quick as the regular belts they are still cheaper to replace
<grin>. (just hope they don't break in the middle of a job). What
kind of belt life are you getting from the O-rings?

Thanks again,
Tracy

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., John <machatak@t...> wrote:
> List,
> I also had this problem of wearing out Max-NC spindle belts too
quickly,
> and now use a simple O-ring about 3 mm in diameter.
> Tensioning is a little of a suck and see issue, too tight will put a
> high side load on the bearings of the spindle and motor, too loose
and
> it slips. What i found as good was to adjust until it was a little
bit
> taunt and then run for 10 minutes, if the mountings block for the
> spindle bearings ( there is on at the top and one at the bottom) get
> warm then you are ok, if too hot to touch then u need to loosen the
belt
> it is too tight.
>
> Hope this helps,
> John
>

> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:02:27 -0800
> From: "Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein" <felice@c...>
> Subject: Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone?
>
> Is it a small (3M) v-belt? Taig sells 12.5" and 20" flat length (if
you
> cut
> it and stretched it out, that would be the length) for about $6.80
each
> (less from your friendly Taig dealer).
>
> " Does anyone have a good source for replacement belts for the
MaxNC-
> 10? Mine is wearing out after awhile and they look like they should
> be alot less expensive than what MaxNC is charging <grin>"
> felice@c... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See our web
> pages
> http://www.casco.net/~felice

Discussion Thread

John 2001-02-12 06:32:04 UTC Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone tnorris@h... 2001-02-14 06:45:50 UTC Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone ballendo@y... 2001-02-15 02:10:13 UTC Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone John 2001-02-15 16:48:35 UTC Re: Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone