CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Back to CNC, after a little more diversion

on 2001-02-23 05:32:50 UTC
It does! It's the French who started all this trouble, proberly a long term
plan to conquer the world. I have to keep a ruler beside me on my desk so I
can measure dimensions I find on the net out and then look at how big they
would be compared to my keyboard. Actually... I think imperial started in
the UK didn't it? If it did you have us to blame. We have a thing in the
middle of ?Times Square? I think it is, and it's an old 'ruler' that was
there when the market was tens of years ago that shows the genuine lengths
of a yard, inch and foot for those cheating market stall owners that were
there. All you have it do it take the crisp packets away and scrap the
pigeon muck off and there you go. Now if you CNC folk want more accuracy
than that you'll have to let me know when you find it! : )

Trying as hard as I can to stick with CNC I'll ask how many of you use the 2
in 1's, the drill/mill. I know they're meant to be the curse of the world,
and I've read a few messages arguing their not, but it's an option for me
because I'm not in for heavy production or anything in my bedroom (Which
ultimately will be where it ends up, I can't have it in that damp garage of
ours!). Most of the 2 in 1's look MUCH more stable than the dektop jobs.
Like the Sherline 2000 I was looking at, I looked again and thought 'How can
something supported on a few screws be as strong as something on a cast
pillar?'. The 2000 has the Z on the front of the tilting head and it just
looks wobbly. I'm sure they work or they wouldn't sell them but you know
what I mean, I hope.

Thinking he's had enough of conversions (Other than John to super hero),
John

N.b. Thinking about the cockroaches again. Did you know spraying yourself
with Linx creates a special force that is similar to gravity and it pulls
women towards you? The ad said. I'm off to buy me a few hundred cans...