CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: lathe arcs

on 2001-03-18 09:38:29 UTC
Doug: I just came from the shop(garage) after trying a file using interpolatated arcs using .002" segments. The lathe drew out the
right profile. Looks like the best way for me to go for now. I tried the interpolation a day or two ago but at .001" segments. I had
to shut the 650mhz computer down after 50+ minutes trying to generate the drawing. Using this method will probably insure a closer
match on the opposing roller as well. The rollers are 9" long and will put sort of a corrugated shape into the panel. I can't say
what they are for. My client has applied for a patent and just last week (while I was in Utah skiing) discovered that his metal
supplier has a patent pending on a similar product. But they spent multiple millions to get theirs done fast. Oh well. we will see
what happens. Thanks for your help, Carey