CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Re: lathe arcs

on 2001-03-20 05:45:25 UTC
Dear Carey,
I didn't follow much your problem. What kind of CNC do you have?
I had grave similar problems with 2 GE 550 controls years ago.

In those cases it were one of the "car 2" temporary memory boards of one
axis or the circular interpolation that had to be changed.
Depending on the architecture of your control there might be some
hardware section
dedicated for the calculation or supervision of circular interpolation.
Take into account that practically all elder controls ought to be fine
tuned
frequently with an oscilloscope for to be able to make proper circular
interpolation. And this has to be done before you tune the back lash.

There are still some of these dummy monsters GE 550 working in this
country.
These things suck more electricity than the main spindle and are
extremely
affected by voltage surges. A very good help on them is to through out
the
old power supply and put in a modern one. Or supply the control separate
over a UPS with battery. By the way the are a perfect training object
for
an electronics in failure searching.

Hope this is of some help.
Sven Peter