CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Bandit - Opinions?

on 1999-08-15 07:51:15 UTC
Thanks, Roland.

The machine is near my shop, so I will go look at at if I can before I bid.

David M. Munro

>From: Roland Friestad <cardinal.eng@...>
>
>I also took a look at the eBay auction note on the Hardinge Chucker - Looks
>like a good deal to me - I have a non CNC Hardinge that is a near twin to
>that one and also a Japanese copy of a Hardinge that is CNC - They both can
>hold within a "tenth" or two on a regular basis -
>
>I've worked on several Bandit controllers - They are still being made so
>service is not a problem - The current ones (probably including the one on
>your Hardinge) are servo-type controllers - The earlier ones were stepper
>controllers - A former employee of the Bandit company took over after they
>folded and is continuing production and service - I have his address in my
>files somewhere and will look it up if you need it -
>
>If you should buy the machine and decide to switch to another controller the
>fellow who currently makes them used to take old Bandits back and pay
>something for them - I have sent him a couple of them from machines that I
>retrofitted with new controls -

Discussion Thread

David M. Munro 1999-08-14 06:47:31 UTC Bandit - Opinions? Jon Anderson 1999-08-14 06:48:05 UTC Re: Bandit - Opinions? Roland Friestad 1999-08-15 05:12:20 UTC Re: Bandit - Opinions? David M. Munro 1999-08-15 07:51:15 UTC Re: Re: Bandit - Opinions?