CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 5V supply using game port/ XY joystick jogging

Posted by Tom Eldredge
on 2001-04-03 07:06:25 UTC
Doug,

Yes, the digital inputs on the game port are very usable.

Have you experimented with fast PC's (over 600 mhz) and the potentiometer
based control using the game port? I was not able to find jog sticks that
would do what I wanted with fast PC's so I gave up on using that method of
jogging. It worked fine, on some of my PC's and not on others.

Maybe some smarter guys can shed some light on this. I searched the
internet and found very useful info on the game port, but not any that gave
usable info for fast computers.

I was looking for something that could be standardized. The digital inputs
on these ports are standard, however, and handy, I agree.

I do not claim to have the last word on this. I am only sharing from my
experience. I have spent many hours programming around the differences on
the game ports.

Tom Eldredge