CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Flashcut system

Posted by John Beidl
on 1999-08-22 08:29:03 UTC
Dan,

I also have a Flashcut system. I switched to this system (from a DOS based system manufactured by The Motion Group) so that I
could use my Windows based CAD programs and utilities without doing a Reboot. The primary reason I traded my existing system
for the FlashCut is that all the critical timing is done by the processor in the timing generator. This removes the real time
operating system requirements on the host system - works fine under Windows 98.
This is also the reason I have not tried EMC. I like the ability to use my CAD programs and other utilities without the need to
reboot out of Windows. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Windows fan, but that is the platform required by my reasonable priced
CAD and utility programs.

I have also been considering replacing the 2 AMP FlashCut driver with one of yours. The FlashCut timing generator can handle
half and quad step, however their driver only supports full steps. Does your driver support half and/or quad steps?

You can download the current manual and demo software from the FlashCut WEB site (www.flashcutcnc.com).

John