CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridge. Trace. List + John Stevenson

on 2001-04-28 08:12:27 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e..., <e.heritage@b...> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> A big thank you to all who replied, I hadn't really thought
that the
> delivery would be so much more than the mill itself when I posted
the
> message (I was thinking more of how cheap it looked).
>
> John, did you find those mills from a place in the UK selling
them on or
> somewhere chucking them for newer stuff? The only place I've EVER
seen that
> has a web site is quite a flashy looking place that sells on old
factory
> equipment quite cheap (Any idea which one I'm thinking of?) It's
name is Em
> something, like English Machinery... I can't remember it was so
long ago. I
> took a look at the picture. £400! and they work fine? What kind of
> tolerances would you get with them?

They were moved out to make way for a new Machining Centre. I got to
know of them by ringing round.
No they don't work fine, that's why they were being thrown out.
mechanically they are good but the controllers are both shot. This
applies to 75% of this type of equipment. Two new Ahha setups and
they will be up and running. As regards tolerances the green one is
on steppers and runs to 0.0005" tolerance but the grey one is on
servo's and runs to 0.0001" tolerance.

> What is tax relief? Does the goverment pay the V.A.T and then
22.5% for
> the mill to the seller for you? I wouldn't have to prove I'd be
using the
> mill to actually build things I'm going to sell as a buisness would
I? This
> is proberly a really stupid question but would that mean I would
also get
> 40% off something like a Sherline on CNC or does it have to be
older second
> hand equipment?
> I had no idea our goverment would 'pay' me to have fun.

Sorry it doesn't work like this. You buy it, pay for it and at the
end of the year you can write off 40% of the cost against tax. If you
are not a registed business it doesn't apply to you. I only mentioned
it to highlight the fact that a lot of older stuff is getting dumped
to take advantage of these rules.

Discussion Thread

e.heritage@b... 2001-04-28 07:31:10 UTC Bridge. Trace. List + John Stevenson John Stevenson 2001-04-28 08:12:27 UTC Re: Bridge. Trace. List + John Stevenson Tim Goldstein 2001-04-28 10:51:59 UTC Bridgett is alive! Ian Wright 2001-04-28 14:29:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridge. Trace. List + John Stevenson Tim Goldstein 2001-04-28 14:36:09 UTC DeskNC Windows Magic card