CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Opinion request

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2001-04-30 06:28:39 UTC
I agree with Don that people get stupid at auctions, but to by a 42 inch linear stage from Thompson or someone like them will be
1500 bucks minimum if you are lucky. $350 was a good deal if you get what is shown here.
I would reccomend finding out exactly what the parts would cost you FIRST, and then browse the auction sites when you know where you
want to be.
All the big linear motion guys have good websites although you usually have to call to get prices. Check out THK, Thompson, BSA.
Know your exact part # before you ask for a price or it will be a frustrating experience.

http://www.ballscrews.com/
http://www.thomsonindustries.com
http://www.thk.com/