CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC GUI

Bertho Boman wrote:

> From: Bertho Boman <boman@...>
>
> I have been reading a lot about EMC and it sounds very tempting to try
> it. I am not looking forward to Linux headaches but that is life.
>
> Before I take the dive, where can I find info on the GUI that is being
> referred to? Since I do not have Linux up and running, I can not load
> the demos and it is a catch 22.
>
> Are there any information that I can find on the web about the GUI and
> its features?

The EMC web site is back to being publicly available, at :
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/emc/
There isn't a whole lot of info on the GUI specifically, and some of it may
be out of date. You can see a screen dump at :
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/EMC.html
Which is from my version of EMC, a couple of months old.

EMC is a LOT more than just the GUI component of it, however.
It has motion control, path planning, and G-code interpretation
sections that are much more involved than the GUI.

If you have specific questions, ask away in this forum, as either
I, Matt Shaver or Fred Proctor (or others) will be able to answer it.

Bertho Boman 1999-09-03 08:53:15 UTC EMC GUI Jon Elson 1999-09-03 16:03:52 UTC Re: EMC GUI Bertho Boman 1999-09-03 16:40:39 UTC Re: EMC GUI Jon Elson 1999-09-03 23:13:53 UTC Re: EMC GUI