CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: reliable information and a question about transformers

on 2001-05-05 16:47:10 UTC
With regards to the winding of the secondary, yes. I wound the wire in the
hole left by the removal of the secondary winding. However, I found out by
experience (BAD experience) that I needed to protect the sharp edges with
some sort of insulator prior to winding the secondary. If you don't, then
you will find that you have scraped the insulation off the magnet wire:-{('

I got a little over a volt per turn on the transformer that I used. What I
did was to put in a 1 turn secondary and then measure the voltage to see
what I got. After that, it was a simple matter to make the appropriate
number of turns to get the voltage needed . But then again, I was looking
at 20V per winding max.