CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: EMC G1 problem.

Posted by Ray
on 2001-06-02 07:43:44 UTC
From: "Art Fenerty" <fenerty@...>

>Jon:

>Yes, I think thats what worried me. The execute() function returns
>status 0, which is success. All the fllowing lines are ignored because a
>defualt G-Mode is not extablished. Maybe thats the solution. I will look
>into extablishing a default G-Mode and let you know how it goes.

Art

-----Snip of NIST interpreter document----

For rapid linear motion, program G0 X- Y- Z- A- B- C-, where all the axis
words are optional, except that at least one must be used. The G0 is
optional if the current motion mode is G0. This will produce coordinated
linear motion to the destination point at the current traverse rate (or
slower if the machine will not go that fast). It is expected that cutting
will not take place when a G0 command is executing.

It is an error if all axis words are omitted.

For linear motion at feed rate (for cutting or not), program G1 X- Y- Z-
A- B- C-, where all the axis words are optional, except that at least one
must be used. The G1 is optional if the current motion mode is G1. This
will produce coordinated linear motion to the destination point at the
current feed rate (or slower if the machine will not go that fast).

It is an error if all axis words are omitted.
-----eos---

It would seem that the interpreter is just not issuing the appropriate error
message. Clearly Tom intended your code to be an error.

But to test your default theory, I believe that you can set default modes if
you are using a recent EMC release using

; Startup codes for RS-274-NGC interpreter
RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE = G20

in the general [EMC] section of the ini file. I tried to set a default g0
but it did not affect the execution of the code that you posted.

Someone recently posted that they had found a line in their code that did
not raise an error or continue execution to the next line but I don't know
what the specific problem was.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Art Fenerty 2001-06-01 13:39:02 UTC Re: EMC G1 problem. Jon Elson 2001-06-01 14:58:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC G1 problem. Art Fenerty 2001-06-01 15:18:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC G1 problem. Ray 2001-06-02 07:43:44 UTC Re: Re: Re: EMC G1 problem. William Scalione 2001-06-02 22:59:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: EMC G1 problem. dave engvall 2001-06-03 22:48:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Re: EMC G1 problem. Ray 2001-06-05 16:45:08 UTC Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EMC G1 problem.