CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] standar for movements?

afogassa@... wrote:

> I'm trying to set the axis movements for deskwin y-,x-, from
> machine "0" is there a industri standar for that?
> All the machines atThe place where I work(about7 Kias and one
> kytamura) follows the following; Y moving away from operarator moves
> in - values(0 to -15),x- moving to the right of oerator(0 to -30).
> Y"0" is at operator side,X"0" is at the most left hand side(looking
> at the table).

Some of this is optional, but the important part is that a piece have
the correct relationship of axes when it is machined, so that the
part will come out the same on different machines when the same program
is run.

The general rule is that the axes orthogonal to the spindle rotation
are X and Y, and the axis parallel to the spindle axis is Z. (Simple
lathes, therefore have X and Z only.)

Generally, the longest axis is X, the one perpendicular to that is
Y.

Now, the direction of motion depends on what is moving. It is opposite
depending on whether the work moves (like a Bridgeport) or the
tool moves (like a lathe). What matters is that if you are holding
the workpiece and looking down onto it, +X is to your right, and +Y
is away from you. A Bridgeport table must move opposite to both of
these motions to have the tool move in the right direction relative to
the workpiece. The Z axis has increasing distance between work and
spindle (or tool and spindle on a lathe) as +Z.

Machine zero is of very little interest in most cases, except to the machine

builder. (It may become important when using pallet shuttles, etc.)
The part coordinate system is what the toolpath program is referenced
to, and this can be set anywhere that it is convenient. For round parts,
I usually set 0,0 to be the center of the part (or fixture). If you put
the 0,0 at the lower left corner of the part, then all coordinates will be
positive, which is easier to read.

afogassa@y... 2001-06-17 13:27:44 UTC standar for movements? Fitch R. Williams 2001-06-17 13:39:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] standar for movements? machines@n... 2001-06-17 14:20:57 UTC Re: standar for movements? jvicars@c... 2001-06-17 15:38:32 UTC Re: standar for movements? Jon Elson 2001-06-17 21:58:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] standar for movements? ballendo@y... 2001-06-18 20:09:44 UTC Re: standard for movements?