CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Progress

Posted by Peter Smith
on 1999-09-19 14:29:09 UTC
-----Original Message-----
From: Bertho Boman <boman@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Date: Sunday, September 19, 1999 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Progress

Bertho

Thanks for the advice , I do not have a scope available, I have tried the
Board with no load and nothing gets hot, I have tried the output sockets
with a logic probe, and all appear to be working OK, I don't know whether to
buy a couple of new ICs for one axis and try that,
I will see what Dan has to say and go from there.

Best Wishes

Peter Smith

>Peter,
>I do not know anything about your circuit or problem except that something
bad happened and you are now trouble shooting it.

>You might try as an intermediate step, to just fire up the board without
any load (stepper) connected to it. Nothing should get too hot.

>If it does, disconnect the drive signal to the stage that gets hot and see
if that helps.

>My guess is that you either has a shorted output transistor or the drive
circuit tries to turn on both outputs at the same time.

>An other crude intermediate step might be to thereafter connect light bulbs
instead of stepper windings as loads. You can see which ones are turned on
and that they alternately blink as you send a slow move command. Watch out
>to get suitable voltage ratings on the bulbs. Applying lower voltage than
rated is fine as long as you can see it glow.

>I would use a scope but I do not know if it is available.
>
>Resistors typically fail open and I would not expect that you have a
problem with them

>Bertho Boman
>=================================
>
>> "Peter Smith" <peter@...> wrote:
>>
>> Dan
>> I have resoldered all the sockets, replaced all the 4700 caps, and some
of the mossfets, ( I was given IRFZ 34N as a direct replacement for the
IRFZ34 I assume these to be OK, or not ? ).
>> I am running all axis at 1amp (no heatsinks fitted) with a 2 1/2volt 4
1/2 amp test motor, I have changed the ICs from axis to axis with no
difference in performance, so assume all of these to be OK, or all U/S

>> Z axis
>> On the B b side of the axis, the 2 9Z34s get hot very quickly,
while the 2 Z34s remain cold, (running at 1amp), the 9Z34s and Z34s on
the A a side of the axis remain cold, (see later comment on 13FR100
Resistors)

>> If you hold the bases of the 2 9Z34s on B b side when running the
motor slowly you can feel the current, you cannot feel this on the 9Z34s of
side A a .
>> and the motor is erratic and sounds rough.
>>
>> X axis
>>
>> All 9Z34s get hot very quickly, and you can feel the current off them as
in the above. Motor erratic and rough

>> Y axis
>>
>> Still nothing running at all, but the PBL 3776 gets warm after a
while ?

>> I have tested all the OHMITE resistors, I have 5 which read 0.5 ohm on
the 200 ohm scale, which is the same as joining the two probes together ie.
no resistance, on the other one I cannot get a reading.

>> Refering back to the Z axis
>> The Ohmite resistor on which I cannot get a reading is on side A a
the cold side of the axis, could it be that I have 5 reistors u/s ?

>> I have tried to get these or equivilant resistors here but no luck yet.
>>
>> IF ANYONE IN ENGLAND KNOWS OF A SUPPLIER, THE RESISTORS ARE 3 WATT
NON INDUCTIVE AND MARKED AS FOLLOWS

>> OHMITE
>> 13FR100
>> 0.10 OHM 1%
>>
>> Best Wishes
>> Peter Smith
>>

>>Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
discussion of shop built systems in the above catagories.
>To Unsubscribe, read archives, change to or from digest.
>Go to: http://www.onelist.com/isregistered.cgi
>Log on, and you will go to Member Center, and you can make changes there.
>For the FAQ, go to http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
>bill,
>List Manager

Discussion Thread

Peter Smith 1999-09-19 09:44:09 UTC Progress Bertho Boman 1999-09-19 10:15:13 UTC Re: Progress Peter Smith 1999-09-19 14:29:09 UTC Re: Progress Paul Corner 1999-09-19 16:25:55 UTC Re: Progress Jon Elson 1999-09-19 22:30:05 UTC Re: Progress Peter Smith 1999-09-20 06:58:27 UTC Progress Bertho Boman 1999-09-20 07:27:44 UTC Re: Progress Peter Smith 1999-09-20 13:30:09 UTC Re: Progress Paul Corner 1999-09-20 15:15:51 UTC Re: Progress Peter Smith 1999-09-26 07:17:50 UTC Progress Paul Corner 1999-09-27 12:58:36 UTC Re: Progress Peter Smith 1999-09-28 11:43:05 UTC Re: Progress