CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Materials for machines. Was MDF for machines

Posted by Tom Eldredge
on 2001-06-29 07:29:38 UTC
Hi, Ballendo,

Yes, that is the name of the product I used to use. I think with a grid
supporting it, this would make a good surface for a router table. I am
pretty sure it is cheaper than many of the alternatives that have been
suggested, and it is not affected by moisture. Can any signmakers on the
list tell the list what they might be able to get half inch sheets for? I
don't need any myself, but I think highly of this alternative, and would
reccomend it.

Different people choose building materials for many different reasons. East
of the Mississippi River most people prefer to have a home with asphalt
shingles. They last from 15-20 years roughly. I have heard that in Europe,
they would not think of building a house with a roof that would only last
15-20 years. They would say we are crazy. Many homes in Europe are
hundreds of years old. I have heard that in Japan, many buildings are torn
down and replaced every 15-20 years. I don't really know if this is true or
not. It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear a person with a European
background wanting to use only Cast Iron for a machine, and a person from
Japan being happy to use aluminum or lightweight metal. I would not say
either of them are CRAZY for the choices they make. People's motives are
usually more complicated than we think, and often when we get to know a
person better, we are not as apt to think of their perspective on any
particular issue as so unreasonable that we would describe them as crazy.

Thanks,

Tom E.