CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New Member in need of advice and directions

Posted by Marcus & Eva
on 2001-06-29 07:24:31 UTC
Thanks William:
I wonder whether the new version is significantly better than the old?
I liked it so much at the time for two reasons:
First; it could use True-Type fonts which I don't believe you could do with
Autocad at that time (R12)
Second; it was Windows based, so you didn't need to deal with those evil
keyboard inputs.
(Having said that, I once worked with a guy who grew up in DOS and could
draft like a madman. He could draw rings around me, but he was clacking away
at his keyboard like some kind of demented alchemist...I always thought that
was waay too hard!!)
Cheers

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: William Scalione <wscalione@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, June 29, 2001 6:59 AM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New Member in need of advice and
directions

>Tom, Marcus
>
>I also looked for it the other day when the message
>was originally posted. I ran across this on the net
>This message was written in 1997. I believe all that
>is left is QuickCad without the Drafix name.
>
>"I work as the Product Marketing Assistant for Autodesk Personal Solutions
>(formerly Softdesk Retail Products,Formerly Foresight Resources Corp.) In
>this office, we continue to develop the Drafix CAD software, as well as the
>Planix family of home-design software.
>
>In browsing for Drafix-related web sites, I came upon yours, in which you
>rank various CAD software. I noticed that Drafix was no longer on the list.
>Perhaps that is because your information is outdated. You have Drafix
listed
>as being made by Foresight. Here is a little update for your records: In
>1995, Foresight merged with Softdesk and became known as Softdesk Retail
>Products. Then, in April of this year, Autodesk and Softdesk merged. We
have
>remained in our Kansas City office, but our name has changed to Autodesk
>Personal Solutions.
>
>The current version of Drafix is 4.11 for Windows 95. We also develop a
>scaled-down version of Drafix for beginners called Drafix QuickCAD which
>features a 3-level interface. In addition to producing these two programs,
>we have recently released AutoSketch version 5.
>
>Perhaps Drafix will make it to your list now that you have some current
>information. If Drafix is not on your list for that reason, could you let
me
>know why? I thank you very much for your consideration in this matter.
>
>Sincerely; Michelle Pingel Product Marketing Assistant (former Customer
>Service Representative)
>
>Autodesk Personal Solutions michelle.pingel@...

Discussion Thread

RustyTom1@n... 2001-06-26 20:36:53 UTC New Member in need of advice and directions Tim Goldstein 2001-06-26 21:06:23 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New Member in need of advice and directions Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-06-27 05:12:32 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New Member in need of advice and directions Marcus & Eva 2001-06-27 08:26:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] New Member in need of advice and directions Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2001-06-27 09:58:27 UTC SolidWorks, was Re: New Member in need... Fitch R. Williams 2001-06-27 19:25:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] SolidWorks, was Re: New Member in need... Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2001-06-27 21:21:52 UTC Re: SolidWorks RustyTom1@n... 2001-06-28 15:49:51 UTC Re: New Member in need of advice and directions Marcus & Eva 2001-06-28 18:48:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New Member in need of advice and directions Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-06-28 20:49:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New Member in need of advice and directions William Scalione 2001-06-29 06:59:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New Member in need of advice and directions Marcus & Eva 2001-06-29 07:24:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: New Member in need of advice and directions Fitch R. Williams 2001-06-29 21:29:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: SolidWorks