CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc

Posted by Donald Brock
on 2001-07-16 00:37:09 UTC
Brian,

This unit you are describing sounds like a 5T and they are fairly
common although older. They were manufactured in the late 70's to
early '80's prior to the introduction of the 6T unit which had a CRT.
The model tag was usually on the front of the 5 ft. or so tall
cabinet door under the control panel and above the door to the tape
reader or just above the control panel. It would say 'SYSTEM 5T' if
it had not come loose. they were usually silk-screened plastic
attached with a double sided foam tape. The control panels differ
somewhat according to the maker of the lathe. A separate pendant is
usually provided by the maker of the lathe elsewhere on the machine.
I can scan a picture of a 5T and send it to you if you want so you
can look at it to see if this is what actually have. I ran one on a
Mazak for years and still do occasionally.

Some of the G and M codes will vary on this control depending on how
the manufacturer of the lathe implemented the Fanuc system to their
lathe.

I have access to a 5T manual by Fanuc and to a 5T manual written
specific to a Mazak M4 with two turrets using this control. You will
find the 5T system adapted to a varity of lathes. Mazak and Ikigai
(spelling?) among them.

Donald Brock

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "brian" <ka1bbg1@m...> wrote:
> Hi, i wish i knew where to find a fanuc model #. it is a tape
unit,they have
> 3 lathes and 2 have a crt this one does not but all have tape
units. I found
> the problem and it is running, enough so they need to get hydraulic
power up
> to do more testing. There is a bunch of numbers on the fanuc
control itself.
> I will try to find out what the other 2 are as they have
documentation for