CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sheffield 3 Axis DRO Display

Paul wrote:

> Hi Lew
>
> As david has already pointed out, without scales it is just a doorstop. I do
> have a set of encoders with a 15 pin D plug on the end - But after trying to
> get a replacement, I have found each manufacturer uses their own pinout and
> favoured plug. Some will use a HD 15 pin D, others, a 9 pin D, and also
> circular styles are common.
> Then there are the different types of outputs - TTL quadrature, 1V sine and
> 11uA sine waves. To add to the confusion, some scales (like mine) require a 6V
> DC supply.
> http://www.heidenhain.de has plenty of data on the various output signals and
> connectors of their scales.

This unit apparently uses ANALOG scales, as there are these adjustments
for 0 degree and 90 degree marked on the back. It may be a high resolution
unit with interpolation. The NNNN.NNN display makes one think it must be
a mm readout, so if it has resolution down to .001 mm, that is pretty fine.

David M. Munro 2001-07-20 08:36:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sheffield 3 Axis DRO Display Jon Elson 2001-07-20 20:37:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sheffield 3 Axis DRO Display Jon Elson 2001-07-20 23:35:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sheffield 3 Axis DRO Display