CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help

Posted by Weyland
on 2001-07-24 21:04:36 UTC
From: "Ray" <rehenry@...>

> Welcome. Sounds like you got a lot of your questions answered. I'll just
> add one thing.

> One nice feature of many of the commercial flame cutters is that they
allow
> you to select patterns and enter variables to set size and start and
finish
> geometry.
>
> If you decide to use the EMC for your PC motion controller, I'm currently
> working on such a "Conversational Programmer" for the EMC for a customer.
> When I finish this it should be available for download from
> www.linuxcnc.org/dropbox. You will be able to put it in the
> emc/tcl/scripts directory and use it from the scripts menu.

Howdy Ray~!

Yes, you all have been excellent in answering this newbie's questions~!
I really do appreciate it.

I will *definitely* check out your proggie,
but for now, in order to get the thing going,
I've decided to go with a DOS based set of progs.

This way, I won't lose time on the learning curve trying to learn Linux.
I've been playing with the idea of building a Linux machine for
about a year now, and will definitely do it later, but right now
I wanna make parts and "things".

It seems like I'll be able to do the whole thing for like less than $500
because of me being able to do all the machining and computer stuff,
and already having all the material, so that makes me pretty happy.

I'm waiting on a replacement plasma torch, but am really gnawing at the bit
here,
so the mill just *may* get the treatment first.
We'll see.

After checking around, I'm leaning towards the controller kit here:
http://hometown.aol.com/drigotti/pages/driverboards.htm
and using the size 23 125oz/in motors they offer.
Anybody have a bad experience with that?

If I do the mill first, I'm thinking of using the double shafted ones,
so that I can attach a hand wheel directly to them for manual use as well.
Any thoughts?

I've been sitting back watching the conversations here,
and have been learning a lot.

Thanks again,

Weyland

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-07-24 16:59:26 UTC Re: Introduction & request for help Weyland 2001-07-24 21:04:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help brian 2001-07-25 03:54:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-07-25 05:44:35 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help Weyland 2001-07-25 06:29:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help brian 2001-07-25 13:27:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help brian 2001-07-25 13:36:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Introduction & request for help