CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter

Jon Anderson wrote:

> Jon Elson wrote:
>
> > What do you intend to use them for?
>
> Thanks for the feedback. One is for the inverter on my mill. At 50Hz
> the display on my screen jumps around a lot. Annoying. Didn't do this
> before the inverter. It was also causing my Z axis to creep whenever
> the spindle was running, so I know it's generating interference.
> A filter was suggested by someone here, back when I was having that
> problem. Couldn't find any surplus units with a high enough rating and
> new price is around $90 or so. When I found a pair for $6.50 ea., I
> grabbed them. Bought the second as a spare or for use on another
> machine. You know surplus outlets, buy it when you see it, it probably
> won't be there next time. That was the case for the 10 amp, 70vDC
> toroidal transformers I'd gone in for, hoping they still had some...

How are you planning to use the filters? You need to put them on the
INPUT to the inverter. DO NOT put them between the inverter and the
motor, or you will almost certainly need a new inverter! If you have
single phase power, connect the two line terminals to two of the line
terminals on the filter, leave the 3rd phase terminal on the filter empty.
And, ground the filter to both the inverter and the safety ground of your
power source.

I had a problem with my inverter causing my computer controlled air
compressor to hiccup and sputter when the inverter was running.
it didn't affect any part of my CNC system, although i could see just
a little 'fuzz' on the computer monitor. A similar filter cured it
completely.

Jon Anderson 2001-08-16 07:47:29 UTC Question, 3ph line filter Jon Elson 2001-08-16 10:45:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter Jon Anderson 2001-08-16 12:24:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter Jon Elson 2001-08-16 20:53:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter Jon Anderson 2001-08-16 21:06:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter Jon Elson 2001-08-16 23:00:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter Jon Anderson 2001-08-16 23:17:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question, 3ph line filter