CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Encoder Based Progarmmable Limit Switch

on 2001-08-17 11:36:41 UTC
Hi Roland,

Could you elaborate? How many outputs do you need? A PIC reading the
rotary encoder could compare several "setpoints" to the actual position,
and generate the appropriate level transitions on it's output pins.
What's your budget? The U.S. Digital encoder interface would also be a
good candidate to include in this design.

If you have digital I.C. design experience, a PIC and encoder interface
would be simple. Then you'd need a 2 or 4 line LCD, and a limited
keypad. No problem!

Anyone got some project time open? I'm swamped! (and on vacation ;>) )

Alan KM6VV

Roland Friestad wrote:

> To the Group
>
> I would like to see if anyone on the group has some experience or a
> suggested source for info on a homebuilt rotary encoder based programmable
> limit switch -
>
> I have a project that would be greatly assisted if I could read encoder
> pulses and produce output signals based on different portions of the
> rotation of one revolution - There would be the possibility of multiple set
> points and outputs -
>
> Would like to talk to anyone who has some experience or would like to work
> on such a project with me - I know of commercial units but would really like
> to have a low-cost homebuilt version if possible - contact me either off or
> on the list -
>
> Roland

Discussion Thread

Roland Friestad 2001-08-17 06:41:27 UTC Encoder Based Progarmmable Limit Switch Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-08-17 11:36:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Encoder Based Progarmmable Limit Switch wanliker@a... 2001-08-17 12:16:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Encoder Based Progarmmable Limit Switch Brian Pitt 2001-08-17 23:34:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Encoder Based Progarmmable Limit Switch ptengin@a... 2001-08-19 13:43:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Encoder Based Progarmmable Limit Switch