CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software

on 2001-10-07 15:21:21 UTC
Hi Paul,

To answer your question simply, NO, not unless you are using shaft
encoders to update the controller program. What you CAN do, however, is
either use the jog commands (keys) to cut, or issue MDI (manual data
input) commands. Like, G01 X1.2 to give you an X axis move, G01 Y2.2 to
give you a Y axis move. You can't use the handwheels (took mine off 2
years ago), but you can "mill by hand", er, keyboard!

HTH

Alan KM6VV

paulernestca@... wrote:

> Was wandering if I could use the interpreter software as a DRO since
> I am converting my mill to CNC and also in the process now to install
> linear strip with and U.S. DIgital encoder connected to a Dan Mauch &
> Tom Kulaga Dro card. I am confuse, can an interpreter software by use
> as a DRO in manual milling, (may be two different thing). Because I
> see interpreter screen with X, Y, Z, and number scrolling when I use
> arrows on keyboard right left up down, software like Master 5 Can the
> servo encoder give reference of the axis when turning by hand.
> Now you see that I am a real newby.
> Paul-E

Discussion Thread

paulernestca@y... 2001-10-07 10:08:42 UTC Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-10-07 15:21:21 UTC Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software Jon Elson 2001-10-07 19:49:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software paulernestca@y... 2001-10-08 08:59:25 UTC Re: Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software Jon Elson 2001-10-08 21:32:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software paulernestca@y... 2001-10-09 13:38:12 UTC Re: Newby Question : DRO and Interpreter software