CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Drill file from Eagle PCB

zsradding@... wrote:

> I am having a difficult time generating a g-code file that I can use
> to drill a PCB I created in Eagle 4.05. I have tried every output
> device option, but I can't get a file that is scaled correctly and has
> the correct g-code information. Any advice?
>
> I used the outlines-gcode.ulp and it worked great for the isolation.
> Now, I just need a drill file...

The traditional excellon drill file has supressed leading zeros, and no
decimal point. So, you need to count out the digits to figure out where
the decimal point is supposed to go. I have a program that makes the
conversion, but it is fairly specific to the PCB cad program I use.
If you wanted to tweak the code just a bit, it could make the conversion
for your format, too. it writes g-code to do all the drill cycle, including

calculating how deep to drill, assuming the point of the drill is zeroed
on the top of the board (ie. it compensates for the length of the drill
point). it also calculates proper drill feedrate for the drill size, given
the drill RPM.

zsradding@b... 2001-11-14 01:30:57 UTC Drill file from Eagle PCB cncdxf@a... 2001-11-14 03:03:23 UTC Re: Drill file from Eagle PCB Jon Elson 2001-11-14 10:53:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Drill file from Eagle PCB wayne_j_hill@y... 2001-11-17 14:19:04 UTC Re: Drill file from Eagle PCB