CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mostly on topic or at least getting there

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2001-11-19 19:54:32 UTC
You can do it with a pare of CMOS Analog Switches, (4016 or 4066), driven by a
D flip-flop in divide by two mode. Conversely, you can get 8 traces by using a
4051, or 16 traces with a 4067 type Analog switch. I recomend 8 traces max, as
16 will make your eyes grow fur. Just too little differentiation between the
traces. Basically, you hook up the scope probe to the, "pole pin", and use the
other 8 to switch between the traces through an R2R network. The 2R's are
hooked up between each of the 8 pins to provide a level shift, and hook up your
8 probes to the R's. A pot at the top and bottom of the R2R chain will supply
a bit of vertical adjust.

Tune your scope to see the signal you want to see, and then adjust the
Oscillator driving the circuit, such that it will show the top or bottom of it's
square wave from one side of the scope to the other. Drive a divide by 16 chip
with it and use the first 3 outputs to drive the 4051. You just built an 8
trace scope circuit.

It all looks like you're seeing it all at the same time, but you're really time
shifting between the 8 probes, each one taking it's own little bit of time. You
can get fancier with it, like providing a signal to activate something in the
middle of trace N, but that's about all there is to it.

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On THee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

Drew Rogge 2001-11-19 09:46:16 UTC Mostly on topic or at least getting there Rich D. 2001-11-19 09:58:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mostly on topic or at least getting there cadcamcenter@y... 2001-11-19 10:31:34 UTC Re: Mostly on topic or at least getting there ccs@m... 2001-11-19 13:00:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Mostly on topic or at least getting there Ian Wright 2001-11-19 15:16:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mostly on topic or at least getting there Ian Wright 2001-11-19 15:19:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Mostly on topic or at least getting there cadcamcenter@y... 2001-11-19 15:50:18 UTC Re: Mostly on topic or at least getting there Bill Vance 2001-11-19 19:54:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mostly on topic or at least getting there