CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: OT Electric Motor Question

Posted by tcsibor@v...
on 2001-11-21 16:23:47 UTC
Thank you all for the replies.

I believe that what Jon and Sven say applies in this case. The
nameplate specifically only says 440 STAR (WYE) and mentions nothing
about the Voltage for Delta. It does however have the wiring diagram
for Star and Delta, exactly as Sven shows. Since my original query, I
have started the motor in Delta mode on 240 VAC, using only a couple
of capacitors (I was starting from single phase). The motor starts
instantly and runs quiet and cool. Now I have to try the same thing
with actual load on the motor and see waht happens.

Regards
Tom csibor

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Sven Peter <peteryco@r...> wrote:
> Hello Tom,
> Finally an electric cuestion out of my experience.
> Generally if you have both options you use the motor at 240V on
delta
> and 440V on star connection. Only if it says exclusively 440V
Star/delta