CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: emc with camtronics just too strange

bgroover1 wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
>
> > Why are you so concerned with .001" steps? Can your machine really
> > hold such fine accuracy?
> >

> The problem is that if I have a random error of +/- .003 on small
> moves when that is compounded over inches it will make the whole
> setup useless.

I suspect it is NOT compounded (cumulative). I suspect from your
description that it is probably a software emulation of friction.

> Radius cutting in metal will require many slow, small,
> hard(mechanical resistance wise) moves. Thats just what I am having
> a problem with slow, small moves. I don't expect to keep that kind
> of accuracy over any real distance but just about any machine tool
> should be able to keep it over a straight line for a short distance
> after the gear train is preloaded for backlash/slop etc.
>
> Thanks for the deadzone suggestion. See my other post. Freqmod
> seems to have helped my problem. I am going to try more computer.

Given the right settings and a computer that can handle the higher speed
moves with freqmod, I think you will be very happy with it.

bgroover1 2001-12-12 04:52:45 UTC emc with camtronics just too strange Jon Elson 2001-12-12 10:28:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc with camtronics just too strange bgroover1 2001-12-13 06:10:48 UTC Re: emc with camtronics just too strange ccs@m... 2001-12-13 06:43:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: emc with camtronics just too strange Jon Elson 2001-12-13 10:44:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: emc with camtronics just too strange