CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Floppy on EMC

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2001-12-16 07:42:51 UTC
On Sun Dec 16 06:52:24 2001, antson20022, <antson@...> wrote:

>I want to thank Jon,Ian and Ray for all the help in getting my
>monitor to work! Your advice was just what the doctor ordered. I
>didn't know what to expect when running Linux for the first time. I
>was surprised at the desktop and icons just like Windoze.It is set up
>like I'm on the web with it. This particular computer will not be
>hooked up on the internet. Just EMC ONLY. I like Linux better so far.
>However I can forsee an endless number of questions that I need to
>ask. First when I click on the floppy drive icon it tells me its
>not "mounted" how do I mount it? When I take a file from CAD/CAM and
>load it into EMC how do I do that? Is there a special way to some
>extension on the file? Thanks in advance
>
>Tony

Take a look in your /etc/fstab file. You'll find info about your drive system,
and the names the system uses to address them, (These can be edited), for
instance from, "floppydrive0", to, "fd0", for brevity. Then type:

mount /dev/fd0 <return>

You then address the drive through, "/mnt/", like:

ls /mnt/fd0 <return>

or

cd /mnt/fd0 <return>

If you have trouble mounting the drive check the /mnt directory to see if,
"fd0", is in there. If not, you'll need to make a link to the drive there,
though

mkdir /mnt/fd0 <return>

should work just as well.

Bill

--
RKBA! ***** Blessings On Thee, Oh Israel! ***** 4-19!

Constitutional Government is dead, LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!

antson20022 2001-12-16 06:52:29 UTC Floppy on EMC Bill Vance 2001-12-16 07:42:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Floppy on EMC Paul 2001-12-16 09:54:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Floppy on EMC Tony Dickson 2001-12-16 14:52:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Floppy on EMC Tony Dickson 2001-12-16 14:53:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Floppy on EMC Ray 2001-12-16 16:05:00 UTC Re:Floppy on EMC