CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement

Posted by IMService
on 2001-12-25 07:13:29 UTC
> Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 20:01:02 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bill Vance <ccq@...>
>Subject: Re: Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement
>
>Yo Fred;
>
>On Mon Dec 24 16:22:09 2001, imserv1, <imserv@...> wrote:
>
>Would a versatile enough math util fed the appropriate equation(s) be able
>do it, and then convert the result to co-ordinate position data?

That works fine, but your NC program will have difficulty using arcs, except in the special case of a corner fillet on a rectangular extrusion. If your form is actually conical, the G-code arc will not cut the true position defined by the math, as it cannot vary the radius within a G02 or G03. Now you get into elliptical approximation converted to helical interpolation. It's much simpler to just program as lines(a spline) and the resulting part is identical. If you look at some code that has helical arcs, adjoining

I've not tried that approach in Vector, but it might actually generate the code you are describing. I'll play with it in a day or so & see if it makes the old Ahha choke.

>> You could use helical interpolation to develop the
>>arc end points with a notmal X-Y value and a changing Z. There is a
>
>What's a, "notmal x-y value"?

It's called a typographical error. ;-) try normal instead. No spell check in Yahoo and clumsy fingers. Sorry.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.vectorcam.com/cced.html

Discussion Thread

Bill Vance 2001-12-24 10:25:27 UTC Simultaneity/versatility of movement chewy8833 2001-12-24 14:19:36 UTC Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2001-12-24 14:37:54 UTC Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement imserv1 2001-12-24 16:22:12 UTC Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement Bill Vance 2001-12-24 20:01:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement IMService 2001-12-25 07:13:29 UTC Re: Re: Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement