CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement

Posted by chewy8833
on 2001-12-24 14:19:36 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Bill Vance <ccq@x> wrote:
> Trying to come up to speed here. Since subing to this list, I've
seen a few
> posts that seem to skirt this issue, and may indeed have covered it,
but I may
> have missed the point.
>
> My question has to do with complex simultaneous movements, and I'll
posit a
> hypothetical part to illustrate. The old 4 sided ziggurat type
pyramids had a
> ramp that started at the base, and wound around and around up the
sides till it
> reached the peak. For the part, lets say that we want to do a round
conical
> version with a ramp that spirals around until it reaches the top.

All the cnc controller does is go to the X Y Z points that are in the
lines of gcode. It's up to your cam software as to how. And how,..
would depend on your beginning stock. You can send me a cad file and
I'll generate some gcode for you to look at using basic G, ie G0, G01,
G02, and G03. If possible send it as Solidworks or IGS. E-mail me off
list first.

Frank
FRP Enterprise
One Off Fiberglass Mold Design
850-722-7713

Discussion Thread

Bill Vance 2001-12-24 10:25:27 UTC Simultaneity/versatility of movement chewy8833 2001-12-24 14:19:36 UTC Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement Randy Gordon-Gilmore 2001-12-24 14:37:54 UTC Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement imserv1 2001-12-24 16:22:12 UTC Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement Bill Vance 2001-12-24 20:01:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement IMService 2001-12-25 07:13:29 UTC Re: Re: Re: Simultaneity/versatility of movement