CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Point Cloud Converter Needed

Posted by IMService
on 2002-01-08 06:46:06 UTC
>Message: 15
> Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 00:24:28 -0700
> From: Doug Fortune <pentam@...>
>Subject: Re: Point Cloud Converter Needed
>
>vrsculptor wrote:
>>
>> Help! Do you have any suggestions on how to convert 3D point cloud
>> data into something useful (STL, DXF, ...)?
>> Google searching didn't turn up anything too hopeful. I've got
>> STLTrans which supports XYZ input but I haven't been able to make it
>> work yet.
>Perhaps Fred can help you out with STL Trans.

Yes I can. Go get the replacement for StlTrans: http://www.micromouse.ca

Accutrans has more point cloud import capabilities. Including DXF data from certain scanners. It is similar to StlTrans but has several additional features, and a facelift. It is now more comfortable in 32 bit systems with OpenGL. All of our StlTrans customers will be eligible for a gratis registration to Accutrans. StlWork2 and StlWorkLite both include a registered license of AccuTrans now instead of StlTrans.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService
Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.vectorcam.com/cced2.html

Discussion Thread

vrsculptor 2002-01-07 20:10:35 UTC Point Cloud Converter Needed av1a 2002-01-07 20:31:31 UTC Re: Point Cloud Converter Needed Doug Fortune 2002-01-07 23:29:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Point Cloud Converter Needed IMService 2002-01-08 06:46:06 UTC Re: Re: Point Cloud Converter Needed