CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dual screws for large router tables

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-01-12 17:59:57 UTC
Your right !

If I needed to change them for any reason I would go up to 3/4" on that X
axis. But, it's not because I have to.... It works perfectly as long as you do
not spin them too fast. Like I said, she'll do 600ipm with minimal wobble. I
do not run it near that fast. Too dangerous for an un-enclosed device. One
does not want your melon in the way when she wants to take off !

I like the aluminum for framework. But, this goes with some caution. The
common extrusions out there have a certain "ring" to them. If they are not
backed up by a rigid counterpart, they can flex a little. well, maybe not the
6"X6" stuff !

Chris L