CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Plasma Cutter Info

Posted by Chris L
on 2002-01-13 18:53:10 UTC
Ian Wright wrote:

(snip) one day I got hold of one of the anodes and it threw me right across the
room! Took over 2 hours for me to stop shaking!!

I bet you REALLY watch what your doing now ! Same happened to a fellow I used to
work with at an electronics store with a Flyback he thought was discharged.

It seems to affect some different than others. My dad worked with a man who
would routinely check if there was current or ID a live wire over a neutral by
grabbing a wire or connection. He'd go, "yep,yep,yep", let go and then say "that
ones the hot one".

With all of the ways we "could" get killed by electricity, It is amazing how
many people ARE around to talk about it after contact. I used to erect
communication towers... You tend to really look around FIRST before doing too
much. THAT, is power I respect.

I have not had a "shocking" experience for a long long time. I'm sure I will
again though.......