CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Any experiences with MAXNC?

Posted by dodge1320
on 2002-01-14 15:58:52 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "rickey_horwitz" <rhorwitz@a...> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have recently purchased an ENCO 8x30" Machine Mill. I'd love to
> explore the world of CNC by starting off with a simple 3-axis
closed
> loop system built by MAXNC.

Hi Ricky. I was thrilled when I got the literature from MAXNC many
years ago. I ordered the plans and software and recieved them
quickly. The documentation was poor, the software never worked
properly and I fried my motors because they never explained about
current limiting! I wanted them to replace my software. They told
me that version was no longer available and I would have to PAY FOR
THE UPGRADE! GET AWAY FROM THOSE PEOPLE!!! They also had no e-mail
support at the time because they did not want to be bothered by
people!(DUH?)
Anyway, Kellyware (kcam) is a really nice engraving and light duty
milling package. Master5 is awesome once you get it running. (I had
hardware problems)and Deskam has a version of desknc for free and has
a TTF font to g-code converter(FOR FREE!!!) that gets used constantly
on my machine.(I convert to dxf and arrange them in my cad program,
then open them in K-cam).
If possible, I would suggest converting to ball screws. They are
more efficient (transmit more power) than acme screws, so smaller
motors may be used. Hope this helps! Rick

Discussion Thread

rickey_horwitz 2002-01-13 07:01:28 UTC Any experiences with MAXNC? Tim Goldstein 2002-01-13 07:09:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any experiences with MAXNC? Art Fenerty 2002-01-13 07:30:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any experiences with MAXNC? dodge1320 2002-01-14 15:58:52 UTC Re: Any experiences with MAXNC? Gail & Bryan Harries 2002-01-14 16:05:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Any experiences with MAXNC?