CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC Kit

Posted by Ray Henry
on 1999-11-04 20:43:34 UTC
>From: Jon Elson <jmelson@...>
>Subject: Re: EMC Kit

<snip>
>Great, except that the EMC screen presentation is bigger than 600 pixels
high.
>You can barely see the center at 640 x 480, you can see most of it at
>800 x 600, but it takes over the entire screen. You would ideally want to
have
>1024 x 768 or so screen resolution, and the generic driver WON'T work on many
>boards in that mode.

You can tweek the file Xemc by reducing the size of the axis position
displays and get it to fit easily into 700x500. I used 36 point rather
than the 64 that is stock and can still read it across the shop. You do
have to recompile that section to make the changes work. I messed around
with one enough for 480 high but it didn't look real good.

The new Tkemc offers much more promise. I've got a variation of those made
from the 18 Oct release that I like a lot and that fits easily in 600x400.
There are a few glitches yet to work out but screen areas change when you
move from manual to auto to mdi so that you only display what you need for
each kind of operation. The EMC folk are doing great interface things with
TclTk and the emcsh shell. If any of the emc'rs are interested I'd share my
display in exchange for your comments.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 1999-11-04 20:43:34 UTC Re: EMC Kit Jan 1999-11-05 01:44:57 UTC Re: Re: EMC Kit