CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: temperamental G's

Posted by Bob Campbell
on 2002-01-31 11:11:13 UTC
Lee,

There must be something that I do not understand about the disable lines.
On my new cnc router that I am building for a local high school, I have
installed a contactor that has one normally closed contact that I had
planned to use for the disable line. At initial power up time, the disable
line would be set to ground until I activate the contactor (one contact is
used for a latch) Then the disable line will be open.

My intention is to use my EPO switch to un-latch the contactor, drop the
power to my power supply and drop power to my router and ground the disable
line.

Everything works fine with the exception that my gecko drives still think
that the disable line is grounded. I got no power to my stepper motors (I
can turn the lead screws by hand).

When I totally disconnected all of the disable lines from each drive, then
everything seems to work fine with the exception that I do not have a way to
activate my disable line.

Bob Campbell