CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] RE: Re: BDI: Parallel Port Setup

Deon Styger wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Forgive me for labouring the point, but are you saying that I should be able
> to get EMC out of e-stop regardless of what the .ini setting for the
> parallel port is? Are you saying that if this setting is incorrect the
> machine won't move, but EMC will work?

By configuration, in the text below, I meant hardware (ie. EPP, Standard PP,
etc.) setup through the BIOS, and the physical port hardware, not the .ini
file.
You need the right polarity of the emergency stop and limit switch sense
bits to allow EMC to come out of ESTOP and move. You can also override
the limit switch conditions with a button on the screen, so the only real
.ini setting that has to be taken care of is the estop sense polarity.

If EMC senses an Estop condition, it will not accept any commands
requiring movement. Generally, you have to satisfy the Estop condition,
so that the F1 key (or screen pull-down menu) can go from Estop to
Estop-off, then F2 (or menu) to go from Estop-off to Machine-On mode.
Then, the motion commands will be accepted, and the jog keys should
cause step pulses to come out of whichever parallel port is assigned to
the stepper function in the .ini file.

Jon