CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] My broken Briddgeport

on 2002-02-12 21:48:50 UTC
Bill,

Assuming you've eliminated all failures like blown fuses, stuck limit
switches, etc, the most likely cause of the axis drive failure will be
blown transistors or diodes on either the SMD board, or on the Heatsink
panel. My Series I CNC had the same problem. Their Spec calls for
2N6251's for Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, each SMD board, and 2N3055 for (Q5-Q13) in the
Heatsink panel. I got my parts from Allied Electronics. They were fast, and
very reasonably priced. Hit me off-line, if these part #'s show up on your
machine.

Ray Heckert jnr@...