CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport (was : no subject)

on 2002-02-18 05:26:14 UTC
>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "John H." <johnhe-uk@s...> wrote:
> > I also came across three Bridgeports for $2,000 each with DROs and
> > power feed. And in my searches, I was told that if you look hard
> > enough, you can find an old Series one with servo's.
>
> A single word, ebay.com You guys are SO lucky it's untrue, this is
>without
> doubt the biggest tooling _give-away_ I've ever seen. When people
>aren't
> watching there are new looking surface grinders and millers going
>for a few
> hundred dollars. Some of the things that go on there are literally
>robbery.
> I watch the US auctions just to see what's being sold and for how
>much
> (Weird since I live in the UK).

Try looking in the UK.
There are bargains to be had here as well, possibly better than in
the US. What you have to realise it the size of the US. In the UK if
you are selling a machine you can probably get 10 people withing 200
miles interesed. In the US within 200 miles there are probably one
one or even no takers. You are then faced with shipping costs which
can be more than the machine.
I've seen many posts where the machine bought after getting it
shipped back isn't what it's made out to be. Even if the guy agrees
to accept it back you are out shipping two ways. All this because the
distances are too great to just pop up and have a look.
Looking and buying on Ebay is an idle mans game. You wait and often
in the end it's down to the guy who has the best sniping software.
You talk about buying a mill in the US cheaper than here?
If you check back against my name in rcm, Chris Heapies web page, UK,
rec modelengineering and this list for the last year you will see at
least 6 mills and 10 lathes not one of which has sold for more than
1,000 UKP, many at half that.

You want a Bridgeport?
OK genuine Bridgeport, not clone, genuine Series 1 CNC not the
modified J type. On SERVO'S yes made with servo's and Heidenhain
controller not the crap BOSS one. WITH HANDWHEELS for manual as well
as CNC.
Fully working only one small known fault [ stuck rapid switch on X
axis ] Seen under power, any any trial 2,000 UKP.

How much do you think this would make in the US on Ebay?

John S.

Discussion Thread

docholliday01201 2002-02-17 13:52:26 UTC dave_ace_me 2002-02-17 17:11:07 UTC Bridgeport (was : no subject) John H. 2002-02-17 17:42:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport (was : no subject) ballendo 2002-02-18 01:20:28 UTC re: mill/drill questions stevenson_engineers 2002-02-18 05:26:14 UTC Re: Bridgeport (was : no subject) dave_ace_me 2002-02-18 05:34:38 UTC Re: Bridgeport (was : no subject) stevenson_engineers 2002-02-18 08:21:54 UTC Re: Bridgeport (was : no subject) audiomaker2000 2002-02-18 09:09:53 UTC Re: Bridgeport (was : no subject)